Stéfanie Seixas-Mikelus, MD
Board Certified Urologist
- Fellowship: Urologic Oncology and Robotic Surgery; Roswell Park Cancer Institute; Buffalo, NY
- Residency: Urology; State Univerisity of New York at Buffalo; Buffalo, NY
- Internship: General Surgery; Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center; Boston, MA
- Medical School: Tufts University School of Medicine; Boston, MA
- Undergraduate: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
About the Provider
Dr. Stéfanie Seixas-Mikelus is a Board Certified, national fellowship trained urologist that specializes in Urologic Oncology and Robotic Surgery using the state-of-the-art DaVinci surgery system.
Dr. Seixas-Mikelus comes to Charleston after serving as Medical Director of Robotic Surgery at Hackensack Meridian Jersey Shore University Medical Center, a 650-bed teaching, Level 1 trauma hospital just outside of New York City. Prior to her time in New Jersey, Dr. Seixas-Mikelus was in private practice in Massachusetts for several years.
Dr. Stéfanie Seixas-Mikelus is a member of the American Medical Association, the American Urologic Association, the Society of Urologic Oncology, the Society of Women in Urology and the Massachusetts Medical Society. Her previous research has been published by several medical journals to include the Journal of Urology, Urology, British Journal of Urology, Journal of Endourology, and International Journal of Radiation Oncology.
Dr. Seixas-Mikelus is a highly sought after subject matter expert for both national and local media outlets.
Dr. Seixas-Mikelus is a native of New York City and an avid Mets and Patriots fan. When she is not caring for patients, she can be found either playing with her two dogs, at the beach or on a boat, at the golf course with her husband, exploring new restaurants or in the studio writing songs.
Dr. Seixas-Mikelus is accepting new patients and most insurance plans.
- General Urology (Kidney Stones, BPH, ED, Hematuria, Urinary Control, UTI)
- Urologic Oncology (Prostate, Kidney, Bladder, Testes)
- Advanced Robotics (to include Robotic Prostatectomy, Robotic Nephrectomy)